Friday 16 July 2010

My Funny (and not 'Funny haha') Friday Feeling

Friday. The day of hope, excitement, smiles and a feeling that Cadbury's felt they had captured within their own Crunchie bar.

If my feeling was placed in any candy today, it'd be sold in a discount store and would have been out of date for several months. However...

Even now I'm getting delightful shivers up my spine. A person, behind a counter, gave a me a little word to dwell in. Where headlines everywhere seem to point to limited possibilities and probably total damnation for students and graduates, it was a comfort to know that another person recognises this. Instead of standing at the side and tutting, 'Isn't it awful?' this one lady, a bank clerk said to me something that helped.

'All you need is an idea,' she said when I told her there's a desire to sit at home and write my novel, instead of trying too hard to earn a wage. With all the books I've read, people often think I'm held within my own dream world. Instead I believe I have a firmer grasp of reality than I should. And because of this, I'm motivated to try to earn a wage. Fear of falling into a stronger debt runs through me, seeing that I don't want to be in a tight situation at any time. Could this lead to me not spending anything forever? Most likely.

Trying to value the small things in life isn't just a necessity in difficult times, to keep hope in view, but it's a skill. To keep the ball going, to keep focus strong, to keep a head above water is something that needs extraordinary patience and knowledge.

One could even risk placing it on a CV if they manage it well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment