Saturday 19 May 2018

Summer Lack of Love

Currently in a boiling top floor of Belfast's Central Library.  One has switched off all notifications from news outlets and am avoiding the general use of the internet.  I'm sure you'll all remember this day fondly - especially the happy couple.

But I'm going to wheel out my cynical nature and not be bothered.

That's not to say that I am cynical about love.  These days I'm exceptionally happy to see two people come together and find love.  And I'm even happier when it works out for the best.

A dose of realism on my own circumstances.  The good Belfast weather has helped put negativity at bay.  Love isn't something I'm looking for.  Books and time to read them are my priorities.  I think that's a Romantic life in itself.

There may be a lack of a love life but not a love of life.

I came up with that just now.

Yesterday I went to see Life of the Party starring Melissa McCarthy.  I like Melissa.  Even in the lesser films she tends to be the funniest thing in them.  I never feel that there's a bad bone in her - that her sole objective is to help find herself and have fun whilst doing it.  That's the case in The Heat where she plays a foul mouthed, unorthodox cop who is teamed up with Sandra Bullock's more timid agent.

Life of the Party is ok.  It passed an afternoon.  I got a few giggles.  And nothing really struck me.

Except that maybe as we get older we do still think that we can be younger.  I suppose what I've learnt is that there's nothing wrong with being older.  In fact, I'm starting to prefer it.

I agreed to work tonight.  Which is fine I guess.  Money is always useful.  Considering I saw my latest payslip, I will have to try beefing it up.  It's not as if I'm doing anything else.  Except trying to find time to read.

And maybe do the laundry.  You'd think by this point I'd have found a way to juggle them both.

And between you and I, I may go music shopping.  I haven't treated myself to anything for a long time.  A couple of CDs would be perfect to grab and chill out to later.  CDs aren't expensive by today's standards.  I'm not buying vinyl.  Not for the time being..  Considering my vinyl player is half the speed it should be.  Hearing Ozzy Osbourne sing Over the Mountain but stretched out makes it sound as if I'm at one of his more recent concerts.

Mean?  I dread to think of how Marilyn Manson will sound in ten years.

No comments:

Post a Comment