Saturday 16 April 2022

The Long Good...Saturday

The bottleneck of job applications was about to pop this week.  So I was grateful for the various interviews that took place.  Even if I wasn't so savvy in avoiding mistakes during them.

Ultimately I had hoped to start looking for jobs in May.  But if I started looking at the beginning of April; there was a stronger likelihood of beginning work for the former.  As it takes around four to eight weeks to find a job.  According to various (London based) articles I had read throughout the internet.  I realise that sounds like a made-up statistic.  But if one uses their head, I do see that timeline make sense.

With yesterday's Good Friday marking the last six weeks of Spring; it's apt that I refer to this time as 'Spring Part. 2'.  Even if I end up sleeping in on these days, I should be able to get up and make something of the day.  And with the waiting in jobs to get back to me; I have a bigger spur in confidence that I'll soon be in employment again.  Call Centres may become an option.  Yet they are the FINAL option.  Too many warnings and cautionary tales have been told to me about them.  My soul and mental health are far more important than making a quick buck.

Soon I'll be heading to Forestside Shopping Centre; in the hope to find discounted pizza and remaining Easter eggs.  For tonight I may dive into the Coen Brothers' catalogue as there's a few titles I've not seen.  Writing at 5am has taken a dive.  Because I sense the end of my free time, I am relishing every moment my duvet lets me cling to it.

Currently listening to vacuuming outside my bedroom door.  And Mark Kermode's show on Scala Radio.  The most eclectic range of movie soundtracks I can find.  Even more so than BBCRadio3's Sound of Cinema.  Although the latter is a Thomas Newman special today.  And I adore those sleepy piano scores he's tinkers on.  For American Beauty, WALL-E, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events...he is a subtle wonder.

I foresee an eventful week ahead.  Already I've been asked to attend a trial shift at a prominent soap store chain.  There are many movies to catch up on.  And the pasta recipes circling my head are easy to the point where my dopamine flares up once the dish is served.  Achievements are important in life.  But they don't always have to be difficult ones.

I could even treat myself to alcohol-free beer.  But then the sugar levels in the chocolate eggs may be more than my body can handle.  The other night my dad said, "Don't take this the wrong way, but you're not young anymore."  He's kind of right.  So as long as I'm good to myself.  Both in pleasure and preservation; I should be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment